The original Murano took the name of Amurianum, one of the gates of Altinum.
In 1201 the Venetian Senate wrote a decree that required the glassmakers in Venice to install their furnaces on the island of Murano. Many fires had in fact reported in Venice from the glass furnaces and the Venetians were concerned about risks to their wooden houses. T...
Pair of Palms Floor lamps, Murano glass opalescent, Golden brass. circa 1970, Italy. Height: 2m, diameter 70 cm.
Paire d'appliques en verre de Murano dans le style de Leucos, Acier chromé, circa 2000, Italie. Mesures: Hauteur: 1 m, largeur 50 cm, profondeur: 30 cm